Do you have a passion for working with children and their families? Are you looking for a career with a flexible schedule at one of the oldest and largest non-profit organizations in the state of Arizona? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as an on-call Parent Aide in our Tucson office.
The Parent Aide provides a range of case monitoring and support services. Position involves tracking client cases to ensure information and services are being provided and may include teaching and modeling of parenting and home management skills, teaching the availability and use of formal and informal community resources, and transportation of clients as needed.
Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the oldest and largest non-profits in the state of Arizona. When working with AzCA, you will be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develops and maintains documentation of client interactions.
* Maintains client records and files in an efficient manner.
* Evaluates needs of family unit, as an individual and as a while, to function more adequately through use of its own strength and through use of community resources.
* Utilizes community, social, education and recreational resources to assist client in obtaining services for themselves and their family.
* Arranges for and provides supervision during home visits.
* Develops and monitors case support plan for client and family.
* Provides client transportation as needed.
* Must be able to safely and effectively monitor consumer activities, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
* Performs other duties as assigned which are consistent with the general responsibilities of the position.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* 1 year experience working in the behavioral health field.
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be computer literate with knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel).
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
* Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer