|Recovery Support Specialist (pool)|
Job ID 2018-1762
# of Openings 1
Job Locations US-AZ-TucsonCategory Peer Support
Shift Pool - Varies - Varies
Connections Health Solutions is a physician-owned, multifaceted behavioral health company whose mission is to address any behavioral health need at any time.
We are hiring Recovery Support Specialists (RSS) for the Crisis Response Center (CRC) who will be a part of a professional system compromised of individuals sharing their lived experience with recovery. The RSS Team is capable of providing patients with the natural supports proven instrumental in maintaining a strong and successful recovery. The RSS will demonstrate a strong personal recovery and be a positive example that recovery is a desirable and attainable goal. By sharing their experience, strength and hope, the RSS is proof that there is life in recovery. The RSS is not simply a person in recovery, nor someone strong in recovery, but an experienced and trained professional Peer Supporter/Specialist who understands healthy boundaries assist in maintaining a healthy life. The RSS are genuine and present their true skill-set, education, training and title. RSS will utilize self-disclosure with caution, weighing the risks and benefits to the patient. The RSS is aware that there are many roads to recovery and that people have different experiences. The RSS will support a patient in their path, while maintaining support for alternative routes.
- Builds patient empowerment through recognition and individualization; working as an active facilitator (or co-facilitator) in groups and individual recovery
- Works to lessen the instance of seclusion and restraint by building therapeutic alliance and by exercising least restrictive means whenever possible
- Provides individuals with information and resources that will be useful to meet the patient's unique needs, and helps the patient to address and possibly avoid future crisis
- Demonstrates a high level of emotional intelligence and trained to recognize signs of distress and respond with empathic support
- Identifies, demonstrates and educates individuals on healthy and appropriate coping strategies that have proven to be successful
- Coordinate and participate in interdisciplinary discussions about individuals with other team members as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the individual, his/her family or significant others and the clinical treatment team to implement and monitor an effective service plan, explaining the available clinical options to the team, including the advantages/disadvantages of each option
- Responsible for documenting all encounters with individuals in the electronic health record
- Aids in patient's treatment planning, support, resources, housing, coordination of care and discharge planning
- Encourages and supports from a place of experience and understanding
- Willing to use appropriate self-disclosure that will affect the patient in a positive manner
- Promotes proactive recovery and supports self-advocacy; however, the RSS will make themselves available for patients seeking extra support and advocacy. The RSS promotes self-value and works to build a patient's self-efficacy through support and encouragement.
- Takes a solution oriented approach to address problems, tasks and obstacles
- Supports and appreciates a patient's authenticity and promotes a safe recovery environment for honesty
- EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent
- EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year experience in behavioral health and in recovery from mental illness, and/or substance use addiction and be willing to self- identify as a person in recovery for the benefit of others
- LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Peer Support Specialist certification required
- LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Spanish Bilingual a plus
- DEMONSTRATED PROFICIENCY: Experience with Microsoft products and Electronic Medical Records
|Job Reference #: ||25871175|
|Job Status: ||Contract/Temporary|
|Date Posted: ||10/29/2018|
|Pay Rate: |
Send Resume Now!
| APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Copyright ©1999-2018 - Powered by Jobing.com Local Jobs