- Job ID
- Direct Care
- Regular Full-Time
- Mental and Behavior Health
The Counselor II provides case management and behavior and crisis management services, utilizing therapeutic approaches compatible with ICHD’s treatment philosophy, with an emphasis on empirical behavior techniques. Counselors may work individually, or in a team approach, depending on the needs of the client or program.
- Provides ongoing in-home, and/or office-based treatment, education and support to members and their family.
- Formulates goal-oriented treatment/service plans for members and families to prevent recurrence of crises, promote adaptive behaviors, and to maintain or improve functioning.
- Develops and implements the crisis/safety plan and Strengths, Needs and Cultural Discovery (SNCD) for every member.
- Develops treatment team recommendations for follow-up support and services.
- Actively participates as a member of the member’s/family’s Child and Family Team (CFT) or Adult Recovery Team (ART).
- Maintains a minimum number of documented member contact hours per week; completes related progress notes using the appropriate codes.
- Completes timely reviews of progress, monthly reports.
- Maintains member files in accordance with ICHD and licensing standards
- Participates in weekly administrative supervision and team meetings; attends other meetings as appropriate, or as requested by supervisor.
- Consults with supervisor about any decisions regarding emergency safety responses, hospitalization or incarceration.
- Provides 24/7 crisis and support services as needed.
- Maintains an approved schedule and acceptable level of attendance.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in a field related to behavioral health, or
- Any Master’s or Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of verifiable work experience, to include internships and volunteer work, in a behavioral health or related setting.
- Special Job Requirement
- Must be able to provide own reliable transportation to and from members’ homes and/or other relevant meetings in the community. Business mileage is reimbursed.
- 21 years of age
- Current, valid Arizona Driver’s License, 39 month Motor Vehicle Report and proof of vehicle registration and liability coverage to meet insurance requirements.
- Eligible for DPS Level I fingerprint clearance.
- First Aide, CPR certification (Employer provides).
- Initial current Negative TB test result (less than 6 months prior) (Employer provides)
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computer literate, to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Systems, Word and Outlook applications; working knowledge of databases and electronic health records (EHR).
- Demonstrated knowledge of developmental needs of children aged birth to tighten years of age.
- Demonstrates knowledge of therapeutic behavior management strategies; skill-based treatment modalities/methods; individual, family and group treatment strategies.
|Job Reference #: ||1679|
|Job Status: |
|Date Posted: ||11/26/2018|
|Pay Rate: |
Send Resume Now!
| APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Copyright ©1999-2018 - Powered by Jobing.com Local Jobs