Provides comprehensive nursing care consistent with the ANA Standards of Practice for Psychiatric Mental Health Care including but not limited to including information, referral and follow-up to members enrolled in CODAC Health, Recovery and Wellness, Inc. services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses and documents patient’s medical, physical and psychological status continuously and intervenes as necessary.
- Accurately and safely administers prescribed medications and treatments including but not limited to injections and venipuncture.
- Makes necessary referrals.
- Supports staff, member and family education to enhance knowledge, skills, and necessary behaviors to facilitate positive outcomes.
- Assists with admissions, discharges, and transfers of patients, ensuring that the patient’s needs are met.
- As part of an interdisciplinary team, participates in evaluation and assessment of members.
- Collaborates with prescribing clinicians and clinical staff to promote member recovery.
- Coordinates medical care with primary physician and other health care providers.
- Observes members’ behavior patterns and medical symptoms related to treatment. Reports assessment to prescribing clinician or clinical staff for follow-up.
- Provides medication delivery as ordered by prescribing clinician or other health care provider.
- Completes necessary charting and record keeping in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Makes home visits when appropriate to provide medical support services and assessment.
- Coordinates and/or provides education specific to identified medical needs.
- Provides nutritional advising and support.
- Attends and participates in appropriate meetings, psychiatric appointments, and clinical staffing.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Minimum Qualifications at hire:
- Associates’ degree in Nursing, Bachelor’s preferred
- 2 years’ experience in Integrated Nursing (Psychiatric/Primary Care)
- Certified in Health Care Worker CPR and Life Saver First Aid.
- Certifications kept current and renewed prior to expiration date.
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card, preferred
- Licensed with the Arizona Board of Nursing
- Knowledge of physical, mental health and addiction disorders
- Knowledge of medically related social problems of persons with mental illness and/or addiction disorders.
- Nursing skills with emphasis on pharmacology and medical treatment of persons with mental illness and/or addiction disorders.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of proper nutrition relative to special needs of population served.
- Ability to interact effectively with other service providers.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting date to/from applications.
"Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled"
|Job Status: ||Full Time|
|Date Posted: ||11/28/2018|
|Pay Rate: ||$56,000 to $67,000/year|
Salary based on years of work experience relevant to this position.
Send Resume Now!
| APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS|
To apply directly please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply directly online. If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.
Click Here to join our talent network & view our open positions
Copyright ©1999-2018 - Powered by Jobing.com Local Jobs