The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP) works collaboratively with members of an integrated healthcare team that provide an array of behavioral health and primary care services which include working with mental health, opiate treatment, homeless populations, crisis and general substance abuse populations.
The practice includes providing psychiatric services for assigned patients but is not limited to Psychiatric Evaluations; Medication Management / Psychiatric Medical Assessments; continuous care; psychotherapy support and admission / discharge / transfer orders; health promotion and maintenance, disease prevention and the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic diseases.
The individual selected for this position must be highly motivated and able to work independently. As part of an integrated care team this position works collaboratively and supported by various medical assistants, recovery coaches, therapists, and behavioral health and primary care providers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts psychiatric evaluations of members, prescribes and monitors medications as appropriate.
- Works in a collaborative manner with the Medical Director.
- Discriminates between normal and abnormal findings on the history, diagnostic tests; initiates referral and consultation when appropriate.
- Regulates and adjusts medications and treatments.
- Provides consultation and education to members, families, staff and community on medication actions, side effects, and proper health and nutrition habits.
- Maintains member charts and records according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Coordinates acquisition of lab tests & primary care providers, screens laboratory results, and facilitates follow-up medical treatment.
- Assists in member outreach and advocacy activities.
- Attends and participates in adult recovery and clinical team meetings.
- Develops and maintains liaison relationships with other community medical agencies.
- Assists in supervision of other nursing staff.
- Works cooperatively with adult recovery team to maximize recovery of members.
- Participates in the planning, development, and implementation of new services to under served populations.
- Makes referrals to appropriate primary health care physician for management of acute and long-term health problems.
- Performs other related activities in accordance with agency growth and changes.