We are looking for a full time Behavioral Health Specialist to join our new day program being implemented in our semi-independent living site. The Behavioral Health Specialist II (BHS II) will provide client supervision and care as part of the treatment team. The BHS II will supervise and facilitate daily milieu of programs/services as assigned, such as assisting with activities of daily living skills, mealtime, personal hygiene, educational and community/recovery groups, and activity therapy. The BHS II is responsible for reading, understanding and implementing a client’s treatment plan. Provide clients with positive cues, redirection and reinforcement. The day programs will consists of social, recreational and therapeutic activities for adults who have been diagnosed with a SMI and a substance abuse recovery focused program.
- Sunday - Wednesday 12pm - 10pm
- Schedules are subject to change based on program needs
- High school diploma or GED plus four (4) years experience providing behavioral health services.
- Associates degree in a behavioral health related field plus two (2) years experience providing behavioral health services.
- Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral health related field, no experience necessary.
Excellent Benefits Include:
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 403b Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Wellness Program
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous PTO accrual rate
Must be 21 years of age (insurance requirement) and possess a valid AZ driver’s license with a "clean" or "acceptable" driving record. An unacceptable driving record includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- more than two  moving violations in the last three  years or;
- more than one  at-fault accident within the last three  years or;
- any major violation (i.e. DUI, Careless/Reckless Driving, Drag Racing, Hit and Run) within the last five  years.
Other driving related violations may be considered unacceptable. At time of job offer, submission of 60 month (five year) driving record from DMV will be required. These standards must be maintained throughout employment and up-to-date driving records are reviewed regularly for current employees.
Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Thank you for considering COPE as an employer!