Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the oldest and largest non-profits in the state of Arizona. When working with AzCA, you will be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
Arizona's Children Association offers a wide range of benefits including generous time off, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, and a 403B retirement plan! Our Tucson office, where this position is located, is in a great location and easily accessible to the interstate.
We are seeking a Billing Coordinator to join the team in our Tucson office. As a billing coordinator, you will take all of the data provided on a member and use it to submit claims for reimbursement and collect payment for the services provided. You will verify and correct the information required to create a claim, work directly with the insurance company (or managed care company) and healthcare provider to get a claim processed and paid, review and appeal unpaid and denied claims, and handle collections on unpaid accounts. This position reports to the Claims Manager and works cooperatively and in coordination with Accounting and Program Staff to ensure seamless and timely integration of information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and submit clean claims to various insurance and managed care companies, either electronically or by paper.
- Ensure that the claim made is precise and correct.
- Perform various collection actions including correcting and resubmitting claims to payers.
- Perform appeals on denied claims.
- Identify and resolve billing complaints and discrepancies.
- Answer questions from members, staff and insurance and managed care companies.
- Process payments from insurance and managed care companies and prepare a daily deposit.
- Prepare reports and perform analysis of billing documents.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess good knowledge of behavioral health and medical billing/collection practices.
- Sound knowledge of the basic terminologies of the industry, including procedural terminology and CPT Codes, HCPC codes and ICD10.
- Proficient in the use of computers in filing and processing of data.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Strong knowledge of arithmetic to be able to perform simple calculations.
- Possess good analytical reasoning skills for solving problems.
- Efficient multitasking and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and great organizational abilities.
- Self-motivated and able to quickly grasp new knowledge about the industry.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Proficient in communicating effectively with the members, staff and insurance and managed care companies.
- Ability to work effectively in office environment with frequent sitting, standing, writing, keyboarding and computer usage.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- GED or high school diploma
- Minimum 2 years work experience in claims for the behavioral health industry or medical industry.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer