|Job Details||Job Board Home > Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner|
|Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner|
- Job ID
- Outpatient Care Center
- Regular Full-Time
- Mental and Behavior Health
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) is responsible for providing psychiatric evaluations, diagnoses, and treatment in a clinic setting as provided for in the Arizona Nurse Practice Act. The PMHNP interviews, screens, and assesses risk factors for mental illness and broader health and wellness. The PMHNP will provide a range of therapies including but not limited to pharmacotherapy, and individual, group, or family assessment and counseling.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as the attending psychiatric nurse practitioner to assigned members.
- Completes initial psychiatric assessments, progress notes, annual psychiatric updates, and family interventions.
- Develops differential diagnostic assessments, assessments of capacity for consent to treatment, risk assessments, patient education, and records progress towards treatment goals.
- Completes medication education and informed consent when possible.
- Documents all activities in the clinical record according to policy.
- Assesses members’ needs and guides the clinical team while managing treatment plan updates.
- Provides on-call coverage for patients.
- Initiates contact with outside Providers according to establish guidelines.
- Works closely with other personnel to ensure that each treatment modality is appropriate for the member in addition to working with other healthcare providers involved in the overall care of the recipient of care
- Responsible for following any policies, procedures, and controls established by the organization, the HIPAA Privacy Officer, and/or the HIPAA Security Officer regarding access to, protection of, and the use of personal health information (PHI).
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Child/Adolescent Specialty preferred!
- Master’s degree in Nursing.
- Three (3) years’ experience providing outpatient services to an adult and/or child population with chronic mental illness in a clinic setting.
- Current Arizona RN license and licensed in the state of Arizona as a Registered Nurse Practitioner.
- Must be licensed as a Psychiatric/Mental Health APRN.
- The preferred candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Must have a valid Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test.
|Job Reference #: ||1778|
|Job Status: |
|Date Posted: ||3/25/2019|
|Pay Rate: |
Send Resume Now!
| APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Copyright ©1999-2019 - Powered by Jobing.com Local Jobs