- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Hours
Responsible for providing effective management of the learning environment in order to advance student achievement.
- Develops, implements and evaluates daily lesson plans, to include scheduled activities and materials.
- Plans instruction and implements instructional techniques to encourage and motivate students.
- Participates as a member of an instructional team to promote learning activities for students, consistent with district and school education objectives.
- Prepares lesson plans and instructs students in accordance with established curriculum and student need.
- Utilizes classroom management techniques to maintain organization, orderliness, student safety, and a productive learning environment.
- Implements instructional techniques to encourage and motivate students.
- Models enthusiasm for the learning process, both personally and professionally.
- Monitors and guides the activities of teacher assistant.
- Observes behavior of students in the classroom and during activities; models behaviors necessary for students' success.
- Notifies Principal of the special needs of students who display characteristics that vary from the norm
- Assesses student needs and evaluates students' performance regarding achievements in curriculum and activities.
- Assists in the development and tracking of IEP goals progress.
- Maintains regular and frequent communication with all stakeholders.
- Ensures parents and students are informed of methods of evaluation used in the classroom.
- Informs parents of student progress and school activities.
- Advises parents of instructional methods that may assist students.
- Maintains professional appearance and displays professional behavior when representing the Academy and/or agency.
- Follows agency purchasing and accounting procedures.
- Completes all training required by the Arizona Department of Education for needed certification and as requested by Principal.
- Maintains an acceptable level of attendance; makes self available to participate in IEP's, parent conferences, and additional training.
- Education – Bachelor’s in Education or related field; taking course work towards a Master’s in Education or related field.
- Experience – Prior experience working in Special Education classroom
- Certification/License –
- Arizona Cross Categorical Teacher Certification
- Structured English Immersion (SEI) required or in progress
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) encouraged
- 21 years of age
- Current, valid Arizona Driver’s License and 39 month Motor Vehicle Report to meet insurance requirements.
- Eligible for DPS Level I fingerprint clearance.
- First Aide, CPR and Crisis Intervention (CPI) certification (must pass) (Employer provides)
- Current negative TB test result, within the prior 12 months, and physical examination on a prescribed form. (Employer provides)
|Job Reference #: ||1795|
|Job Status: |
|Date Posted: ||5/1/2019|
|Pay Rate: |
Send Resume Now!
| APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Copyright ©1999-2019 - Powered by Jobing.com Local Jobs