Do you have a passion for working with children and their families? Are you looking for a career with a flexible schedule at one of the oldest and largest non-profit organizations in the state of Arizona? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Family Support Specialist II in our Tucson office.
Founded in 1912, Arizona's Children Association is one of the oldest and largest non-profits in the state of Arizona. When working with AzCA, you will be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
This position, with guidance as needed, supports generally complex and high risk clientele by providing various activities that assist in supporting and building resilience within the family unit through engagement in a continuum of family-centered services that are coordinated, community-based, accessible, culturally responsive, strengths based and trauma informed. Some of your responsibilities include conducting needs assessments, providing family support and assistance, parenting training and engaging families in community services by making effective referrals. Additional responsibilities will include providing trauma informed behavior management training to clients and families and trauma informed crisis intervention as assigned. This position may work in a variety of settings including client’s home, school, or community and requires staff to handle situations in a calm manner in line with agency BSM policy.
At Arizona's Children Association, we believe in self-care and as such, offer a flexible schedule with paid time off, paid sick leave, 8 paid holidays, medical, dental and vision benefits!
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Conduct a thorough client/family strengths and needs assessment, consulting supervisor as needed, utilizing the program specific protocol.
* Collaborate with the client/family through face-to-face interactions to build trust, evaluate safety, encourage hope and ensure ongoing engagement in services.
* Support the development and implementation of effective family centered behavior management techniques using a strength based trauma informed approach.
* Maintain objective, timely progress notes that reflect the service provided and client/family effort toward goals.
* Provide effective trauma informed crisis management by triage and stabilizing emergency situations.
* Effectively use de-escalation techniques, respond to the needs of a client/family in a timely manner and provide follow-up care.
* Provides or arranges for transportation of clients to medically necessary appointments as appropriate.
* Provide effective client discharge planning, including helping the family plan and prepare for aftercare services.
* Conduct trauma informed educational activities that promote client understanding of treatment issues.
* Maintain accurate clinical records in accordance with the timelines and program standards.
* Be available outside of normal business hours to provide client services.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
* 1 year of experience working in the behavioral health field with children.
* Or equivalent combination of education and experience to be able to perform the essential functions is required.
* Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
* Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer