Our mission is to eliminate homelessness and strengthen our community.
Vision- Our community is a better place to live, to grow up, and to grow older.
Our Family is a $5 million agency in Tucson, AZ, that employs approximately 60 staff and hundreds of volunteers and interns. We provide shelter and support to homeless children, youth and families. We promote peace and understanding by helping people talk to each other. We help people learn to be better parents, improve their lives and build stronger families.
Our Family supports a healthy work-life balance and is routinely rated by its employees as having an enjoyable, friendly, flexible, and supportive work culture. We value our employees and hope you will consider joining our team! We are recruiting for the open position of:
Title: Case Manager, Street Outreach
Dept/Program: New Beginnings/Homeless Youth Services
Reports to: Assistant Manager, Homeless Youth Services
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
The primary purpose of this position is to conduct outreach and work with assigned individuals, families, or groups to assess their identified needs and provide education, assistance, and advocacy in those areas. The New Beginnings division of Our Family Services provides housing and supportive services to youth, women, and families experiencing homelessness. Homeless Youth Services provides emergency shelter, housing, case management, advocacy, housing, employment/educational assistance, counseling, and life skills to youth aged 12-23 experiencing homelessness or other unsafe living situations.
All agency positions are expected to meet the agency standards for attendance and punctuality, positive interactions with others, effective work habits, knowledge and skills, judgment and ethics. The specific expectations and essential duties of this position include:
- Effectively conducts outreach to runaway, homeless, and street dependent youth and engages these youth into program services
- Conducting outreach outdoors on foot downtown, in desert areas, on the streets, and other areas that homeless youth congregate throughout the year
- Collaborates effectively with the local homeless services continuum of care and homeless services providers
- Provides assessment, crisis intervention, individual, family, and group services to children, youth, and families.
- Identifies needs with client(s) and completes individualized goal plan
- Provides effective crisis management
- Is available to clients at all hours required by program or contracts
- Effectively links clients with appropriate community resources and advocate for client needs
- Participates in actively soliciting feedback from program participants through distributing satisfaction surveys or other approved means
- Plans for client discharge/termination in coordination with client(s) and other providers
- Effectively presents program curricula for classes or groups
- Other duties as assigned
Position requires regular weekday afternoon and evening hours, as well as weekends, so that services can be provided at times and locations most convenient to clients. Some flexibility in scheduling is available to meet employee needs, as long as client and program needs are still being adequately addressed.
Our Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We especially encourage applications from veterans, individuals with disabilities, and alumni from national service programs such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps.
- Bachelor’s Degree in human service field and 2 years’ related experience. Extensive additional related experience may potentially substitute for a portion of the stated education requirement.
- Eligible to receive and maintain state fingerprint clearance
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Strong communication and people skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to maintain appropriate professional boundaries in working with others and in handling confidential information
- Since position requires frequent driving to various job sites to provide services and occasionally transport clients, a valid Arizona driver’s license, reliable transportation, current auto insurance, and clean driving record are required
- Ability to feel comfortable and safe providing outreach services outdoors to transient population in various locations.
- Must have the physical and sensory capabilities to locate and provide services to clients
- Since position requires assisting clients in furnishing their living quarters, occasional lifting or moving furniture may be requested, but no specific physical capabilities or lifting requirements are required.
- Computer and technological skills necessary to complete program paperwork, keep accurate and timely case records, enter and retrieve client information on a database, use agency email, and locate information on internet.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, etc.)