Summary: The Staff Accountant/Analyst performs professional accounting activities; compiles, prepares, and maintains financial data and records, as well as detailed cost and financial analyses. Produces fully reviewed and consolidated financial statements within required time line. Develops and interprets information and makes recommendations regarding the efficient utilization of resources and the proper accounting for transactions. Assists in solving complex accounting and financial problems and ensures that all financial data are recorded in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and consistent with established policy and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides specialized or general calculations and analysis support in various accounting functions; prepares specialized or highly complex reports, statements, analyses and interpretation utilizing advanced knowledge and proficiency in accounting practices, principles.
- Reviews and controls accounts and records to ensure accuracy, proper documentation, and compliance with all pertinent procedures and regulations.
- Prepares all journal entries necessary in completion of CODAC‚s monthly consolidated financial statements.
- Maintains separate accounting books for CODAC and its 5 property holding LLC‚s.
- Prepares a comprehensive monthly financial/management package within specified time lines.
- Prepares all General Ledger account reconciliations as part of month end close process.
- Prepares bank reconciliations of moderate complexity for multiple sets of bank accounts.
- Prepares annual audit PBC‚s, reconciled balance sheet account schedules and other analysis necessary in completion of the annual financial audit.
- Assists in preparation of annual budget.
- Prepares various monthly, quarterly and annual grant reports.
- Handles all transactions dealing with fixed assets including acquisitions, disposals, and depreciation in accordance with GAAP.
- Performs other related activities in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Position Requirements: Pre-employment Competencies/requirements Education:
- Bachelors in accounting, finance or related field or related equivalent experience
- 3 years of General Ledger Accounting experience, including preparation of consolidated financial statements.
Other: Health Care experience a plus
Skills: Intermediate proficiency using computers