We are looking for two part time Custodians. The Custodian is responsible for keeping assigned buildings and areas clean, sanitized and safe. This position is based out of a High School and requires a Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and sanitize restroom facilities and fixtures including sinks, urinals and toilets; wash windows, mirrors and walls; replenish supplies in the restrooms.
- Sweep, vacuum, mop, wax, strip, and polish floors; vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Dust and polish furniture and woodwork, sanitize classroom desks and cafeteria tables, dust fixtures, and equipment; clean desks and counter tops, sanitize kitchen countertops and clean surface of kitchen cabinet doors and appliances.
- Empty, clean and sanitize waste receptacles; pick up papers and other debris.
- Move and arrange furniture and equipment and set up rooms for conferences and meetings.
- Replace lights and adjust shades and blinds.
- Regulate ventilation and temperature; clean air vents as required.
- Identify and report building maintenance needs in assigned buildings and facilities.
- Deliver packages and supplies as needed.
- General repairs, minor carpentry and light remodeling
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of methods, materials, and equipment used in custodial work.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Safe work place skills
- Ability to clean and care for assigned areas and equipment.
- Ability to learn to use a variety of custodial equipment, supplies and materials.
- Ability to operate and perform minor maintenance repairs on floor polishers, buffers and vacuum cleaners.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to be a team player
- Once trained, possess the ability to complete projects independently
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with people of varied social, cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to perform recurring tasks while maintaining a standard of excellence at all times
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Must be able to become insurable under PPP driving standards
- Must be able to obtain a valid Arizona drivers license.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Fingerprint Clearance Card
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met, or are encountered, by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and occasionally loud.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one year experience in janitorial or custodial work. Equivalent combination of education and experience can be accepted.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to obtain a valid Level I Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Must be 21 years of age (insurance requirement) and possess a valid AZ driver’s license with a "clean" or "acceptable" driving record. An unacceptable driving record includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- more than two  moving violations in the last three  years or;
- more than one  at-fault accident within the last three  years or;
- any major violation (i.e. DUI, Careless/Reckless Driving, Drag Racing, Hit and Run) within the last five  years.
Other driving related violations may be considered unacceptable. At time of job offer, submission of 60 month (five year) driving record from DMV will be required. These standards must be maintained throughout employment and up-to-date driving records are reviewed regularly for current employees.
COPE Community Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or in any other term, condition, or privilege of employment with regards to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, disability, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, or any status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants and employees be given equal opportunity and that hiring and other employment-related decisions are based on job-related factors.
Thank you for considering COPE as an employer!
|Job Reference #: ||13614|
|Job Status: ||Part Time|
|Date Posted: ||6/4/2019|
|Pay Rate: |
Send Resume Now!
| APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Copyright ©1999-2019 - Powered by Jobing.com Local Jobs