Jewish Family & Children’s Services of Southern Arizona (JFCS) is a nonprofit, non-sectarian behavioral health agency that provides specialized therapy, counseling, and social services to the greater Tucson community. For over 78 years, JFCS has helped thousands of children, families, adults and seniors regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, gender, age or ability to pay.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to identify key stakeholder groups and meet forecasted goals. The position entails advertising for robust campaigns, assisting with event promotion and coordination. The ideal incumbent is innovative, open to new ideas, willing to look at new ways to reach goals, find new audiences to tap into, bring fresh vision and direction to the agency while still honoring and building on the current base of support.
1. Create and implement a Marketing and Communications Plan that includes a digital media components, media relations and support for fundraising campaigns.
2. Create an art/brand strategy to expand JFCS’ presence in the community.
3. Serves as the leader for marketing strategies, developing internal and external communications and marketing plans consistent with the strategic direction.
4. Oversee the production of all print collateral and digital communications.
5. Work with the Director of Development to generate and distribute the annual report.
6. Work with key reporters and editors to maximize news coverage for the agency.
7. Oversee the agency’s website to ensure that content and art are in support of brand and our overall strategic direction.
8. Interact and coordinate with outside marketing and communications vendors and organizations in developing marketing and communications plans and material.
9. Ensure the projection of an effective and consistent image to targeted stakeholders and general community.
10. Assists philanthropic efforts to generate positive stories about JFCS.
WORK HOURS, SCHEDULE & FLEXIBILITY
This position often works weekdays. However, there may be some evening or weekend events that will require attendance in order to best represent the agency. Some flexibility in scheduling exists, as long as agency needs are being adequately addressed.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERFACE
? Engage in respectful and ongoing communication and problem solving with others.
? Act as a positive and professional ambassador for the Agency both internally and in the greater community.
? Successfully engage, coordinate, and motivate agency staff to achieve program or project goals.
? Ability to face adversity, unpopular stands, or engage in tough debates when necessary.
? Ability to meet deadlines.
? Presentation and persuasion skills.
? Creativity, innovation, and resourcefulness
? Collaboration and coordination.
? Flexibility and adaptation
• Bachelor’s in degree, Master’s preferred;
• Proven track record of successfully leading Marketing and Communication strategies;
• Proven experience with all media including electronic, digital and social media;
• Experience in press and media relations and publicity.