Are you interested in joining a supportive and friendly team at an organization that will remind you why you became a healthcare professional? Would you like to be part of an organization making a direct impact right in your own community? Arizona's Children Association is currently seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join the team in our Tucson location.
As a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for Arizona's Children Association, you will be providing the assessment, treatment, medication management, counseling and coordination of care for patients ranging in age from 2-17. If you are a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner who is looking for an opportunity where you can impact the life of a child, we invite you to submit your application and resume!
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, we believe in self-care and as such, offer benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
* Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
* 403b Retirement Savings Plan
* National Health Service Corps (NHSC) Loan Repayment options
Find your passion. Join our Team!
* Provides appropriate care in a timely and safe manner, or recommends higher level medical care if necessary
* Conducts psychiatric evaluations and counseling assessments
* Provides medication monitoring, adjustment and prescription renewals, making adjustments and changes to medication when appropriate
* Orders laboratory tests according to standard medical practice
* Reviews the health assessments and obtains a past and current medical history
* Conducts a focused physical examination according to established guidelines
* Initiates contact with Primary Care Physicians and Emergency Room clinicians according to established guidelines
* Facilitates counseling interventions, psycho education, illness self-management, and family/stakeholder involvement.
* Documents patient’s progress in the clinical record including admission order, progress notes, and discharge recommendation.
* Completes medication forms according to established policy. Completes medication education and consent when possible.
* Knowledge of crisis planning and intervention; assists with patient petition, in-office crisis, and after-hours crisis needs when appropriate
* Master’s degree or higher with major in Nursing
* Must have a current DEA certificate
* Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in a psychiatric/behavioral health setting
* Must be certified as a Psychiatric/Mental/ Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner
* Must have prescribing privileges through the Arizona State Board of Nursing
* Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy
* Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
* Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer