Do you have a passion for helping children and their families? Would you like to become part of an organization that makes a direct impact right in your own community? We have and opportunity for you to join our team at Arizona's Children Association as a Resource Family Specialist to serve the Tucson area. As a Resource Family Specialist, you will have the opportunity to license foster homes and certify adoptive families or complete assessment home studies for DCS. You will also collaborate with community partners and governmental agencies in the geographic/demographic areas assigned. To be successful in this position, applicants must have a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or related fields and experience working with children and families.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year. When working with Arizona's Children Association, you will be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, we believe in self-care and as such, offer benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
- 403b Retirement Savings Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
Find your passion. Join our Team!
- Assists families with completing paperwork for home study processes.
- Writes comprehensive studies about interested families, evaluating skills and appropriateness for kinship placement, foster care licensure and/or adoption.
- Monitors homes ensuring licensing standards, state laws and regulatory requirements are being met.
- Maintains timely and accurate client records in compliance with AzCA and governmental requirements.
- May assist or be responsible for training for adoptive, foster care of kinship families.
- May assist or be responsible for writing recruitment plans and implementing or participating in recruitment activities.
- May assist with coordinating the sharing of information for adoption matching procedures for children and families.
- May assist or be responsible for facilitating support groups and/or orientation.
- Must be 21 years of age (licensing requirement).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field of study from an accredited college or university.
- Possess a valid Arizona driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
- Must be computer literate with knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and electronic medical records.
- Must be able to provide own transportation to and from clients’ homes and/or other relevant organizations/agencies.
- Must be able to provide DPS fingerprint clearance.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance requirements for the position.
- An individual may qualify for this position if the individual is able to "perform safely" the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer