Do you have a passion for helping others and making a positive impact on those around you? Are you looking for a day filled with variety and challenges? As a Billing Coordinator with Arizona's Children Association, that's what you'll experience every day. We are currently seeking a Billing Coordinator to join the team in our Tucson office. As a Billing Coordinator, you will utilize the data provided on a member to submit claims for reimbursement and collect payment for the services provided. You will verify and correct the information required to create a claim, work directly with the insurance company (or managed care company) and healthcare provider to get a claim processed and paid, review and appeal unpaid and denied claims, and handle collections on unpaid accounts. As a Billing Coordinator, you will be reporting to the Claims Manager and coordinating with Accounting and Program Staff to ensure seamless and timely integration of information.
Founded in 1912, Arizona’s Children Association is one of the oldest and largest statewide comprehensive child welfare and behavioral health not-for-profit agencies in Arizona. Located in all 15 Arizona counties, we provide a variety of programs and services to meet the needs of more than 40,000 children, youth and families each year.
When working with AzCA, you’ll be surrounded by highly talented and dedicated individuals who are committed to our mission of protecting children, empowering youth, and strengthening families.
At Arizona's Children Association, we believe in self-care and as such, offer benefits to aid your health and wellness including:
* Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* Employee Assistance Program
* Generous paid time off, paid sick leave, and 8 paid holidays
* 403b Retirement Savings Plan
Find your passion. Join our Team!
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare and submit clean claims to various insurance and managed care companies, either electronically or by paper.
- Ensure that the claim made is precise and correct.
- Perform various collection actions including correcting and resubmitting claims to payers.
- Perform appeals on denied claims.
- Identify and resolve billing complaints and discrepancies.
- Answer questions from members, staff and insurance and managed care companies.
- Process payments from insurance and managed care companies and prepare a daily deposit.
- Prepare reports and perform analysis of billing documents.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Adhere to all HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess good knowledge of behavioral health and medical billing/collection practices.
- Sound knowledge of the basic terminologies of the industry, including procedural terminology and CPT Codes, HCPC codes and ICD10.
- Proficient in the use of computers in filing and processing of data.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Strong knowledge of arithmetic to be able to perform simple calculations.
- Possess good analytical reasoning skills for solving problems.
- Efficient multitasking and time management skills.
- Detail oriented and great organizational abilities.
- Self-motivated and able to quickly grasp new knowledge about the industry.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Proficient in communicating effectively with the members, staff and insurance and managed care companies.
- Ability to work effectively in office environment with frequent sitting, standing, writing, keyboarding and computer usage.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- GED or high school diploma
- Minimum 2 years work experience in claims for the behavioral health industry or medical industry.
AzCA is an EEO/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTQ employer