Are you doing what you love? We are! Why? At our core, we are a resiliency-building company. Our purpose is to unleash the power of our employees and participants to create a resilient world, one person at a time. As an innovative learning and collaborative organization, every position contributes to this purpose and our employees are the heart of who we are. We support healthy work/life balance for our employees and invest in their potential through opportunities for continual learning and growth.
If this resonates with you, we’d love for you apply!
This position is part time working 24 to 28 hours per week.
- Provides social, emotional, and educational support that is mutually offered or provided to others sharing a similar mental health condition to bring about a desired or personal change.
- Resilient Health has determined this is a safety sensitive position. Because this is a safety sensitive position and in accordance with its drug testing policy, Resilient Health reserves the right to exclude or remove a person from this position if RH believes in good faith that the employee's current use of any drug, legal, prescribed by a physician or otherwise if the drug could cause an impairment or otherwise decrease or lessen the employee's job performance or ability to perform the job duties. Employees are obligated to inform RH of any current drug use that could impair or otherwise decrease or lessen the employee's job performance or ability to perform the job duties.
- Provides services to Title XIX (seriously mentally ill (SMI), general mental health (GMH), general mental health and substance abuse (GMH/SA)) and Non-Title XIX youth and/or adult populations.
- Engage individuals, family members, and key stakeholders.
- Work independently as well as part of a team.
- Provide support and rehabilitation services as defined in the Covered Services Guide.
- Provide rest and relief for caregivers/guardians requesting respite services by taking adult and youth participants out in the community.
- Complete documentation that supports the services being provided and that llustrate the individual’s recovery experience.
- Provides input and assist with the respite program development and outings.
- Advocate for and with the individual and family members.
- Provide ongoing support by listening, helping the individual communicate what is or isn’t working, and when appropriate, meet with clinical staff and supervisors to improve quality of processes.
- Assist with and identify supports available in the community and help the person connect with them and help members create a support network.
- Provide transportation to and from the program site and community resources/events, when needed.
- Facilitate skill building and other groups.
- Participate in staff and management meetings, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have past or current experience receiving behavioral health services.
- Have the experience and education of a Behavioral Health Paraprofessional (BHPP) as defined by the DHS Behavioral Health Services Agencies Licensure R9-20-204, which is an:
- Associate’s Degree in a human services field or a high school diploma/GED certificate PLUS six weeks of behavioral health work experience in an agency, to an individual, or in a field related to behavioral health
- Experience providing support and rehabilitation services to persons with a SMI a plus.
- Bilingual preferred but not required
MUST BE ABLE TO PROVIDE:
- Five-year motor vehicle report free of any major violations.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license or other state with ability to obtain Arizona license within thirty (30) days of hire.
- Current certifications in CPR and First-Aid or ability to obtain prior to hire date.
- Current Fingerprint Clearance Card or ability to obtain within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Copy of highest degree obtained (High School Diploma, College Degree, or transcription showing graduation date.)
- Behavioral health assessment and rehabilitation.
- Principles and methods of psychosocial rehabilitation.
- The special needs and characteristics of the client population.
- Interest and experience in art, a plus.
- Prevention of violent behavior or behavior harmful to the individual or others.
- Provision of behavior management in crisis situations.
- Recognition of indications, common side effects, reactions and interactions of medications commonly used by the client population.
- How to access resources for assistance.
- Documentation of client activities and progress according to accepted professional and agency standards.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in group process and group facilitation.
- Active listening and supportive feedback skills.
- Proficiency in understanding the Recovery Principles.
- Capable of using good judgment and tactful in dealing with youth participants.
- Ability to organize projects, prioritize workflow and complete multiple tasks simultaneously and accurately.
- Capable of using judgment and tact in dealing with individuals and family members.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to engage and work with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Proficiency in promoting client responsibility, mastery and to recognize symptom exacerbation.
- Ability to be creative, energetic, flexible and to serve as a healthy role model for staff and clients.
- Competence in providing behavior management and activity supervision.
- General computer literacy using Microsoft products and other related software.
- Ability to learn new software in a timely manner.
- Must be able to lift and carry boxes/packages up to 50 pounds as needed.
- Must be able to push and pull file cabinet/desk drawers open and closed daily
- Sits in a chair at a desk for extended numbers of hours each workday; moves from office to office.
- Must be able to retrieve items/supplies on overhead shelves and bend/stoop to reach files, supplies and items located in bottom cabinets.
- Be able to drive and transport clients when needed.
- Assist adults to enter and exit the transportation vehicle.
- Ability to stand and walk, climb stairs, accompany individuals to and from their destinations.
- Sit in chair at a desk and/or a vehicle for extended numbers of hours each workday.
- Ability to drive the company vehicle.
- Have specific vision abilities that include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus during day and night driving.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to use calculator, telephone, keyboard and various office machines on a daily basis and be able to write.
- Must be able to communicate both in person and on the telephone, enter information on the computer and read various instructions.
- Be able to read numbers, reports, and computer terminals.
- Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action.
- Personal maturity is an important attribute.
- Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Ability to give, receive, and analyze information, prepare written materials, and articulate goals and action plans.
- Ability to do simple math calculations, input data into the computer, and analyze data as requested.
- Must be able to apply problem solving and follow protocols as explained in the event of a vehicle emergency or medical emergency with passenger.
- Must be able to recognize when participant may be in need of additional support or assistance from clinical staff.
Equipment to Be Used
- Must be able to operate computer and other general office machines such as fax, calculator, telephone, copy machine, etc.
- Works in a typical office setting; also works in various out-of-office settings including schools, CM sites, client homes, and out in the community.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule, to include weekends or evenings that will accommodate the needs of the populations receiving services from Resilient Health.
Req Approval Process Not Activated Application Process Candidates will apply by Modern Online Profile
They will use the "Basic Easy Application, Resume, and linked In option" process to apply Instant Upload Auto Reply Not Activated Job Board Posting Company Job Board: Posted Immediately on 6/20/2019 Internal Job Board: Posted Immediately on 6/20/2019External Job Boards:
Custom Sources: None Selected Vendor Sources: None SelectedSocial Networks: