Under the supervision of the Medical Office Manager, the Medical Assistant performs administrative and clinical support functions for the medical staff. This position also provides administrative office duties including, but not limited to, answering phones, greeting visitors and clients, copying, faxing and maintenance of files, logs and manuals.
- Ensures that all service delivery practices are guided by the principles of trauma informed care.
- Requests physicians’ schedules for next day.
- Obtains and records vital signs in members’ charts prior to appointments, psych evaluations, when a patient begins a new medication or is scheduled for follow-up care, or upon request of a physician or nurse.
- Alerts medical staff to abnormal vital signs, or any patient concerns.
- Schedules appointments and referrals as indicated.
- Monitors refill/Medline phone calls on an hourly basis, obtaining information needed for refills.
- Answers phone requests from reception for prescription pickup, delivers prescriptions to members, reports member/family questions or issues to nursing.
- Responds effectively to members’ needs and problems.
- Provides patient education; reviews and explains physician’s instructions.
- Serves as a liaison between physician and other agencies.
- Education – High School Diploma or GED required.
- Experience – One year of medical assistant experience in a psychiatric setting preferred.
- Certification – Medical Assistant Certification from an accredited program preferred.
- Minimum 21 years of age
- Current, valid Arizona Driver’s License and 39-month Motor Vehicle Report to meet insurance requirements.
- Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance may be required (based on position/program)
- First Aid, CPR certification (Employer provides).
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ 85014
CPI is an equal opportunity employer. CPI does not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, creed, tribal affiliation, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, socio-economic status, claims experience, medical history, physical or intellectual disability, ability to pay, source of payment, mental illness, and/or cultural and linguistic needs, as well as any other class protected by law.
|Job Reference #: ||2019 029B|
|Job Status: ||Full Time|
|Date Posted: ||8/8/2019|
|Pay Rate: |
Excellent benefits package!
Send Resume Now!
| APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS|
CPI utilizes an on-line application management system based on our Careers Page at our website.
Please access the system, create your profile, upload your resume, complete the application and indicate your interest in this opening at CPI.
Click Here to apply now!
Copyright ©1999-2019 - Powered by Jobing.com Local Jobs