Responsible for effective coaching and clinical supervision of staff supervised in facilitation of the members adult recovery teams in securing and managing behavioral health services that aid in the members recovery from mental illness and/or addiction disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides effective coaching, clinical and administrative supervision of assigned staff.
- Ensures prompt and effective documentation by all staff supervised.
- Audits charts weekly, ensuring that appropriate actions are initiated to resolve chart deficiencies.
- Monitors and provides coaching to ensure prompt and effective documentation of covered service encounters.
- Provides direct supervision and coaching to ensure accuracy of Risk Assessment in members’ charts and in NextGen.
- Ensures that staff supervised possesses required competencies in all aspects of their job duties.
- Works with staff to ensure that members receive services in the most appropriate level of care for that member at that time.
- Provides coaching to staff supervised in facilitation of adult recovery teams.
- Supervises and evaluates staff supervised per CODAC guidelines.
- Provides one hour weekly of professional supervision to unlicensed staff supervised.
- Participates in staffing, case conferences, or other meetings, as appropriate.
- Supervises level and intensity of services contained in the members’ individual service plans.
- Supervises maintenance of member records in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Meets regularly with staff supervised to coordinate activities, address issues, and resolve problems and review service goals and objectives.
- Performs staff supervision and performance evaluations per agency guidelines.
- Attends community meetings and communicates outcome to appropriate staff.
- Meets with treatment providers to review utilization and medical necessity.
- Supervises staff in facilitation of member progress toward individualized service plan and recovery goals.
- Works with providers and state agencies to coordinate member care.
- Provides direct therapeutic services as necessary.
- Facilitates ART meetings for members requesting substance abuse treatment.
- Provides individual and/or family therapy to high acuity members, as needed.
- Performs relevant assessments and case consultations on members served, as needed.
- Provides staff back-up for unplanned PTO and other staff leaves, as needed.
- Performs other related activities in accordance with agency growth and changes.
- Demonstrates clinical competency in accordance with standards for the position.
- Extensive clinical knowledge of behavioral health disorders, across all populations (persons with serious mental illness and chronic substance abusers).
- Extensive knowledge of psychosocial rehabilitation and recovery models.
- Extensive experience in the areas of supervision and management.
- Extensive knowledge of managed care systems and AHCCCS/Title XIX medical necessity criteria.
- Extensive knowledge of risk and performance based contracts.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact and provide effective leadership in collaboration with other behavioral health professionals.
- Extensive knowledge in quality management, utilization review, and its relationship to the delivery of behavioral health services.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Ability to operate personal computer keyboard and telephonic communications equipment
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related health field and three (3) years' related experience, including three (3) years’ experience coordinating or supervising the work of others. (preferred)
- Bachelor‚s degree social work, psychology, counseling, or related health field; plus five (5) years related experience including, three (3) years’ experience coordinating or supervising the work of others.
- Valid Arizona Drivers license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle. Driver’s license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years. 1st Aid and CPR required.
- Medication Assisted Treatment - requires fingerprint clearance.
|Job Status: ||Full Time|
|Date Posted: ||9/30/2019|
|Pay Rate: |
Licensed by the AZ Board of Behavioral Health $43513; Not licensed $35080. Pay rate depends on specific experience related to the position and licensure.
Salary dependent on the level of education, years of experience and license level.
Send Resume Now!
| APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS|
To apply directly please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply directly online. If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.
Click Here to Apply with CODAC Now!!
Copyright ©1999-2019 - Powered by Jobing.com Local Jobs