The Medical Services Coordinator, RN, performs supervisory management, administrative and clinical work within the assigned geographic service area (Region). This individual is responsible for coordinating care and best practices between medical assistants, prescribers, physical health counterparts and patients. This individual is responsible for recommending, developing, and administering policies, procedures, and budgetary matters. This individual also manages the daily operations of Medication Services. He or she will interact as an agent of CPIH with outside entities. May be assigned to serve on special committees and conduct various meetings as necessary. Required to be familiar with, abide by, and enforce all State of Arizona, Behavioral Health Agency, RBHA, BMFL and AHW regulations. Position requires the use of considerable independent judgment.
- Supervises, evaluates, disciplines, and directs the activities of Medical Assistant staff at all Tucson Region sites.
- Directs medical services and programs relating to prescribers, medications and physical health.
- Makes independently appropriate, sound, critical decisions under extreme stress and in emergency situations. Informs Executive Level officers of sentinel events occurring within the company.
- Works in close collaboration with other Medical Services Coordinators and management of CPIH to develop clear processes for medication services and physical health integration to ensure the highest level of quality care for patients.
- Prepares professional reports on such matters as; services offered, program, personnel, and other aspects of the company’s operations.
- Researches and compiles statistical data.
- Maintains records and reports utilizing a computer and related software.
- Provides injections to patients as needed clearly documenting information in patient’s medical record and following best practices.
- Researches, recommends, develops, and enforces appropriate procedures, policies, and techniques to be used in routine operations, emergency operations, and prevention activities.
- Provide training and materials for staff on effective methods working with patients considering needs for medication and physical health.
- Act as liaison for Executive Leadership providing guidance on practices and needs regarding physical health integration.
- Maintains knowledge of agency rules, regulations and standards.
- Supervises the technical operations within the department and specifically as they relate to Telemedicine.
- Researches and recommends amendments and solutions to technical problems as appropriate.
- Manages and ensures that all facility infrastructures are properly maintained.
Develops and delivers company presentations to the staff, and community groups and represents the company on various community and other agency committees as required.
- Provides oversight to Physician Extenders and Prescribers to ensure medications and treatments are correctly administered and delivered as indicated.
- Responsible for following any policies, procedures, and controls established by the organization, the HIPAA Privacy Officer, and/or the HIPAA Security Officer regarding access to, protection of, and the use of the PHI.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience –
- Two (2) years of managerial experience and must be bilingual.
- License –
- Current RN Licensure in Arizona.
- Regulatory –
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Arizona Driver’s License, 39-month Motor Vehicle Report and proof of vehicle registration and liability insurance that meets insurance requirements.
- Must possess Level 1 fingerprint clearance.
- CPR and First Aid certification (Employer provides).
- Initial current negative TB test result (Employer provides).