|Teaching Assistant (Candidate Pool)|
- Job ID
- Regular Full-Time
- Work Hours
- School year position with district schedule; M-F
- Mental and Behavior Health
The Teaching Assistant provides school-based educational, behavioral, and self-care services to individuals who are diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders at Intermountain Academy.
- Ensures student’s health/safety while promoting independence; assists with and teaches academic, behavioral and personal care skills.
- Promotes student’s involvement in academics, skills training, socialization, communication, and setting goals.
- Observes student’s behavior to ensure safety and address needs; intervenes in crisis to prevent injury to student or others.
- Notifies supervisor of all incidents/accidents, and completes required paperwork.
- Completes daily behavior and weekly academic skills data sheets.
- Participates in the determination, development, implementation and evaluation of behavioral instructional, and or curricular management for students for the purpose of improving the quality of student outcomes.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service presentations for the purpose of acquiring and/or conveying information relative to job function.
- Understands and adheres to agency policies; follows agency accounting procedures.
- Maintains an approved schedule and acceptable level of attendance
· Education - Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Special Education preferred.
· Experience – Two years of experience as a teaching assistant in a Special Education classroom preferred.
· Regulatory -
o 21 years of age
o Current, valid Arizona Driver’s License, 39 month Motor Vehicle Report and proof of vehicle registration and liability coverage to meet insurance requirements.
o Eligible for DPS Level I fingerprint clearance.
o First Aide, CPR, Crisis Intervention (CPI) certification required (Employer provides)
o Physical examination and negative TB test result on prescribed form. (Employer provides)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
· Technology - Computer literacy to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Systems, Word and Outlook applications.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform.
· Ability to competently and safely implement verbal and physical components of Crisis Intervention training (CPI).
· Adequate range of body motion and mobility to work in a school or outdoor environment, including standing and walking (even and uneven surfaces), standing for extended periods of time, sitting, kneeling, bending, twisting, reaching, balancing, occasional lifting and carrying of up to 30 pounds; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard or laptop; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
· Vision: See in the normal visual range with or without correction.
· Hearing: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
|Job Reference #: ||1644|
|Job Status: ||Contract/Temporary|
|Date Posted: ||9/20/2018|
|Pay Rate: |
Send Resume Now!
| APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Copyright ©1999-2018 - Powered by Jobing.com Local Jobs