|Job Details||Job Board Home > Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - Substance Use Clinic - (pool)|
|Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner - Substance Use Clinic - (pool)|
Job ID 2018-1843
# of Openings 2
Job Locations US-AZ-TucsonCategory Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants
Shift Pool - Varies - Varies
Connections Health Solutions is a physician-owned, multifaceted behavioral health company whose mission is to address any behavioral health need at any time. We are hiring pool (prn) Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners who will direct and coordinate crisis medical/clinical opioid services to specified consumers at our Substance Abuse Clinics. This includes crisis psychiatric assessments, assessment, differential diagnosis, crisis treatment planning, opioid medication management, engagement, family interventions, opioid inductions, patient education, risk assessment, and discharge planning.
- Serves as the Medical, Behavioral health and Substance Abuse practitioner to assigned patients with co-occurring and opioid dependent needs. Completes psychiatric evaluation, crisis interventions, family interventions, history and physical, assessment of mental capacity for consent to treatment, patient education, and progress towards discharge plans including medical, psychological, social, behavioral opioid addictive syndrome aspects of the consumer's care, treatment, and services.
- Serves as the primary care practitioner to assigned patients and acts as a primary care consultant to other health practitioners. Completes history and physical examinations, performs differential diagnostic assessments, treatment interventions, preventative health screenings, and patient education. Makes recommendations for post-discharge primary care and participates in care coordination with community-based primary care providers.
- Documents consumer's progress in the clinical record in addition to medication flow sheets per established policy. Completes medication education and informed consent when possible.
- Orders laboratory tests per standards of emergency medical practice. Reviews the health assessment completed by nursing staff, obtains a past and current medical history, and conducts a focused physical examination as indicated, per established guidelines. Initiates contact with Primary Care Physicians and Emergency Room clinicians per established guidelines.
- Provides necessary information to clinical team regarding opioid addictive syndrome and co-occurring or co-morbidity health concerns. Utilizes appropriate medication based on best practices, in addition to appropriately completing required documentation for preauthorization of pharmacy services.
- Works closely with other personnel to ensure that each treatment modality is appropriate for the consumer in addition to working with outside medical providers, emergency room medical staff, detox treatment staff, and urgent cares in the community.
- Practices per evidence-based guidelines including protocols as outlined in the Regional Behavioral Health Authority Provider Manual. Participates per the recovery model and Arnold v. Sarn principles; knows and practices engagement skills including motivational interviewing; and assists consumers to define and achieve their own recovery goals.
- Participates in all Quality Improvement activities as required. Actively participates in Clinical/Peer Supervision. Identifies potential barriers to quality care and opportunities for improvement and reports them to the Medical Director.
- Unrestricted Registered Nursing license in the State of Arizona.
- Completion of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program with a Master's level certification in Psychiatric Mental Health (PMHNP)
- Licensed in the State of Arizona and National Certifications
- 3 years' experience in the delivery of crisis mental health and/or delivery of family health treatment to children, adolescents, and/or adults.
- Unrestricted DEA license
- DEA X license (Suboxone Certification)
|Job Reference #: ||26020298|
|Job Status: ||Contract/Temporary|
|Date Posted: ||10/25/2018|
|Pay Rate: |
Send Resume Now!
| APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS|
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!
Copyright ©1999-2018 - Powered by Jobing.com Local Jobs