Our mission is to eliminate homelessness and strengthen our community.
Vision- Our community is a better place to live, to grow up, and to grow older.
Our Family is a $5 million agency in Tucson, AZ, that employs approximately 60 staff and hundreds of volunteers and interns. We provide shelter and support to homeless children, youth and families. We promote peace and understanding by helping people talk to each other. We help people learn to be better parents, improve their lives and build stronger families.
Our Family supports a healthy work-life balance and is routinely rated by its employees as having an enjoyable, friendly, flexible, and supportive work culture. We value our employees and hope you will consider joining our team! We are recruiting for the open position of:
Title: Contracts Specialist
Dept/Program: Finance and Assets
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Status: Part-time – 20 hrs.-Non-Exempt
The primary purpose of this position is to oversee all contract management functions of the agency with support and input from the Chief Finance Officer. Ensures all terms and conditions of agency contracts are met. This position is the main point of contact for contract related matters for internal development, finance and program staff as well external points of contact.
All agency positions are expected to meet the agency standards for attendance and punctuality, positive interactions with others, effective work habits, knowledge and skills, judgment and ethics. The specific expectations and essential duties of this position include:
- Appreciates and supports the mission and goals of Our Family Services
- Serves as internal point of contact for administrative matters related to all grants & contracts:
- Receives, reviews, distributes and maintains files with original government contracts and amendments; maintains files with copies or originals of private funding agreements
- Establishes and maintains adherence to grant budgets in conjunction with program staff
- Prepares funding summaries
- Assists program managers with understanding and meeting all grants and contract compliance requirements
- Assists Finance and Development staff with assuring funds are spent properly, within contractual timelines, on approved items/activities
- Identifies renewal and reapplication periods for funding contracts to ensure the agency does not miss any deadlines
- Establishes, evaluates and maintains effective contract management systems and infrastructure (such as database)
- Leads and trains other staff in grant/contract compliance
- Serves as external point of contact for administrative matters related to grants and contracts:
- Ensures the submission of all documentation required by government contractors
- Establishes positive relationships and regular communication with contacts at the city, county, state and federal levels regarding agency contracts and their requirements
- Notifies funders of changes to agency or programs within contractual timelines
- Assists in developing subcontracts and MOU’s with collaborating agencies
- Manages government monitoring and site visits
- Manages grant sub-recipient monitoring
This position generally works weekday, daytime hours. Some early evenings or weekends may be necessary to meet the needs of the position. Some flexibility in scheduling is available to meet employee needs, as long as agency and department needs are still being adequately addressed.
Our Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We especially encourage applications from veterans, individuals with disabilities, and alumni from national service programs such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps.