The Peer Support Navigator will be overseeing a population of members after new enrollment at Assurance. This population will be members who are GMH and only receiving psychiatric, PCP, or therapy services. This position will assist with providing coordination of care, and work closely with members for up to 90 days. After the 90-day period, members will be reassessed by the Intake and Assessment team to see if HCT assignments are needed or if they will remain under the oversight of the Peer Liaison. In the latter case, the Peer Liaison will provide ongoing support and case management as an adjunct to other treatment services. Interacts professionally and clearly and in a timely manner with internal and external customers, other community professionals including staffing meetings, providing consultation or advocacy.
- Graduate of a recognized Peer Recovery Institute
- High school degree with related work experience
- Strong knowledge of wellness, recovery and self-help
- Effective communication and written skills are essential
- Proficiency with computer and databases
- Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred
- Must possess a valid Arizona driver’s license, insurance coverage, reliable transportation, and a clean driving record
- Must have or be able to obtain a fingerprint clearance certification
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening
Location: Tucson, AZ
CPI is an equal opportunity employer. CPI does not discriminate based on age, ethnicity, race, sex, gender, religion, national origin, creed, tribal affiliation, ancestry, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, veteran status, socio-economic status, claims experience, medical history, physical or intellectual disability, ability to pay, source of payment, mental illness, and/or cultural and linguistic needs, as well as any other class protected by law.