Would you like to join Our Family?
Our mission is to eliminate homelessness and strengthen our community.
Vision- Our community is a better place to live, to grow up, and to grow older.
Our Family is a $5 million agency in Tucson, AZ, that employs approximately 60 staff and hundreds of volunteers and interns. We provide shelter and support to homeless children, youth and families. We promote peace and understanding by helping people talk to each other. We help people learn to be better parents, improve their lives and build stronger families.
Our Family supports a healthy work-life balance and is routinely rated by its employees as having an enjoyable, friendly, flexible, and supportive work culture. We value our employees and hope you will consider joining our team! We are recruiting for the open position of:
Title: Lead Youth Care Worker
Dept/Program: New Beginnings/Reunion House
Reports to: Manager, Reunion House
Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure daily youth support and safety in residential environment, mentor other youth care workers, and fulfill some additional administrative functions in a manner that meets the standards of Our Family. The New Beginnings division of Our Family Services provides housing and supportive services to youth, women, and families experiencing homelessness. Homeless Youth Services provides emergency shelter, housing, case management, advocacy, housing, employment/educational assistance, counseling, and life skills to youth aged 12-23 experiencing homelessness or other unsafe living situations. It includes the Reunion House shelter, a 20-bed, DES-licensed facility that provides emergency shelter and support to youth aged 12-17 who have been removed from their family home or run away from an unsafe situation.
All agency positions are expected to meet the agency standards for attendance and punctuality, positive interactions with others, effective work habits, knowledge and skills, judgment and ethics. The specific expectations and essential duties of this position include:
- Provides assessment, crisis intervention, individual, family, and group services to children, youth, and families.
- Identifies needs with client(s) and completes individualized goal plan
- Provides effective crisis management
- Is available to clients at all hours required by program or contracts
- Effectively links clients with appropriate community resources and advocate for client needs
- Plans for client discharge/termination in coordination with client(s) and other providers
- Works cooperatively with members of a larger treatment or service coordination team, either internally within the agency or externally in the larger community
- Effectively presents program curricula for classes or groups
- Assists in completing monthly reports and billings
- Provides support and coaching to new staff and when acting as the endpoint for the shelter in absence of supervisor
- Coordinates (with Manager and administrative coordinator) shelter day-to-day projects, such as shopping, facilities management, planning youth activities, etc.
- Assures feedback from program participants is solicited by staff through regular use of the agency Client Satisfaction Survey or other approved means
- Assist with the daily and monthly tracking data for CACFP Food Program
- Assist facility prep cook with CACFP daily food production worksheet and food procurement for the facility
- Point staff for afternoon and evening medication window
- Assist in ensuring that all evening youth programming is conducted
- Participates in Administrator on Duty call rotation
- Other duties as assigned
The Reunion House is open 24/7/365. This position is 20 hrs. a week, Tuesday – Saturday 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Staff must be flexible to meet the varied scheduling needs of the shelter, though we strive to maintain regular schedules as much as possible. Evenings, weekend and holiday work may be necessary to fulfill the duties of the position. Some flexibility in scheduling is available to meet employee needs, as long as agency and department needs are still being adequately addressed.
Our Family Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We especially encourage applications from veterans, individuals with disabilities, and alumni from national service programs such as Peace Corps and AmeriCorps.